Are you looking for good dog foods for your dogs, especially their joint health? Choosing a dog food for your pets is very important as it can impact on their well being and growth. A dog’s foods can significantly impact their health, stamina, and body. Dog foods should include appropriate ingredients and proper proteins and nutritions to help with their growth and day-to-day activity. To save you from all the hassle of having to research for the perfect dog food for joint health, this article has come up with a brief but smart buying guide along with the reviews of the 8 best dog foods in the market right now.
Buying Guides of Dog’s Food For Joint Health
With many dry dog foods available right now, picking the right one might be difficult. So you need to pay close attention to the labels of the dog food and your lovely pets’ needs. The important focus should be on the ingredients and nutritional value, the guidelines, but also on your pets including their age and portion size, and if they need any special food requirements.
Whether you are looking for dog food containing glucosamine chondroitin when looking for good dog food for joint health, you need to consider TWO main features:
Ingredients and Nutrition: in the label, the list of ingredients go from the highest to the lowest. So look for an appropriate amount of meat (chicken, beef, fish, etc) and be aware of the chemicals added. Recommended ingredients for dogs should be 30%-50% or more of Protein and around 25% of carbs. It would be wise to be aware of the nutrition they are getting in the food as well.
Age and Portion: dog’s age defines what they should eat and the portion size of their diet. Dry dog foods are usually available in three types: for a puppy, adult, and senior dogs. So to pick the right amount of food for your dogs, you need to consider their age, body size, and how active they are. You can test for the first few days, if your dog starts leaving lots of food on the tray, you can reduce them one bit at a time.
Now that you know the TWO essentials of getting good dog food for joint health, let’s dive into the reviews of the 8 best ones for your two legs friends.
8. Taste of the Wild High Protein Real Meat Recipe Dry Dog Food
Taste of the Wild High Prairie provides your dog with dry roasted bison & venison real meat for that optimal amino acid profile & protein-rich diet to strengthen your dogs’ muscles. This dry dog food brand features high protein ingredients with vitamins and minerals, fruits, and vegetables. It has antioxidants fatty acid blend for healthy skin.
This dry food is made without grain, corn, wheat, filler. It has no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives added to ensure safe and hazardous-free food. This brand of dry dog food is made in the USA and made with the most scientifically advanced food safety protocols with sustainable meat sources.
- Roasted bison & venison real meat
- Optimal amino acid & rich protein
- Antioxidants for healthy skin
- No grain, no artificial flavor
7. Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition German Shepherd Adult Dry Dog Food
Royal Canin German Shepherd Adult dry dog food is designed specifically for your german shepherd and their required nutritional needs for healthy and fast growth. It is ideal for purebreds that are 15 months and older. This dry dog food comes with the exclusive kibble shape foods that are designed for a German Shepherd’s long, strong muzzle to encourage chewing and strengthen their muscle.
To ensure a healthy diet and bowel movement, this dog food includes digestive health aids with highly digestible proteins and specific fibers. It also includes EPA and DHA from fish oil to support healthy skin, coat and reinforces the skin barrier with essential nutrients. The existing glucosamine and chondroitin in the foods help maintain bone & joint health to support a german shepherd’s big size body.
- Ideal for purebreds that are 15 months and older
- Exclusive kibble shape foods for muscle growth
- Highly digestible proteins and specific fibers
- Support healthy skin, great for bone & joint health
6. Purina ONE SmartBlend Turkey Adult Dry Dog Food
Purina ONE Smart Blend Natural Dry Dog Food features Real Turkey & Venison to ensure your dog gets enough protein and nutrition for their daily activities and growth. It comes in a bag of 36lbs and has 30% protein content to support strong muscle growth especially a healthy heart. It supports your dog to maintain a stronger immune system, healthier skin, and coat, and maintain more energy.
This blended dry dog food features high-quality meat and ingredients. They are tender than regular dry dog foods so your dogs have better digestion and healthy bowel movement. It also has added minerals, vitamins, and nutrients to ensure your dogs do not lack nutrition. This dog food does not include any artificial flavors or preservatives. This is good for all dog breeds and sizes.
- Real turkey meat and venison
- 30% protein, support muscle growth
- The strong immune system, healthier skin, more energy
- High-quality meat, tender to chew, no artificials added
5. Rachael Ray Nutrish Just 6 Limited Ingredient Diet Dry Dog Food
This special dry dog food from Rachael Ray Nutrish ensures your dog has the perfect diet with just 6 main ingredients for the dog to get enough protein and nutrition needed. It is ideal if your pets are food sensitive. It comes in a 28-pound bag. This dry dog food includes the #1 ingredient of lamb meal with no corn, wheat, soy, or gluten ingredients that can harm some dogs.
For their healthier body, it also has added minerals, vitamins, and nutrients to help with the immune system and skin quality. It has no poultry by-product meal, or any added artificial flavors or preservatives. The 6 ingredients included in this dog food are sustainably sourced with a high-quality selection method to avoid risks and harmful elements in the meat.
- 6 main ingredients, enough protein, and nutrition
- #1 ingredient of lamb meal, no sensitive ingredients
- Added minerals, vitamins, and nutrients
- No artificial flavors and preservatives
- Sustainably sourced and safe ingredients
4. Purina Beyond Super Blend Salmon Adult Dry Dog Food
This another dry dog food from Purina Beyond but it is the Superfood Blend with Salmon, Egg & Pumpkin. This comes with a large bag of 145 lbs. It features high quality real natural-caught salmon as the main ingredient, blended with egg and pumpkin for extra nutrition and benefits. It is rich in nutrients, with added minerals and vitamins, suitable for all dog types, ages, and sizes.
It helps enhance your dog’s immune system with antioxidant-rich recipes and natural probiotics to assist digestive and bowel movement. It also features more than 2000 mg per cup of omega-3 and omega-6 to support healthy skin and coat for your lovely pets. It is safe for them to eat every day with no corn, wheat, soy, poultry by-product meal, or artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives used in the blend.
- High-quality salmon, blended with egg and pumpkin
- Rich in nutrients, minerals, and vitamins, for all dogs
- Improve immune system and digestive health
- Rich in omega-3 and omega-6
- Safe diet, no harmful ingredients, and artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives
3. Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food Adult
A new type of dry dog food on our list, this one from Hill’s provides you with special diet dry dog food. This is very ideal for an adult dog that is overweight or needs to maintain a certain amount of healthy weight. This advanced adult dry dog food is clinically proven for safe and effective weight management. Over 70% of adult dogs who eat this dog food from Hill’s lost weight within 10 weeks.
It is made of mainly chicken ingredients with added nutrients, amino acids, and vitamins. It has antioxidants and vitamin C+E for a healthy immune system. While it helps maintain a healthy weight, it also supports your pet in their muscle growth. This brand is made in the US with sustainably sourced ingredients. There are no added artificial and preservatives. This product is recommended by vets!
- Ideal for an adult dog that is overweight
- Clinically proven for weight management
- Chicken protein with added nutrients, vitamins, and amino acid
- Antioxidants, vitamin C+E for the healthy immune system
- Support muscle growth
- Sustainably sourced ingredients, no artificial, and preservatives
2. Diamond Naturals Real Salmon and Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food
This dry dog food from Diamond Naturals is a premium quality dry dog food with Wild Caught Salmon and zero grains used. It is designed for all life stages dogs so you can feel free to use this for your puppy or even senior dogs. Besides the main ingredient being real salmon. It is also nutrient-rich and highly digestible with guaranteed probiotics that survive and thrive in the GI tract.
This dog food includes optimal amino acids for strong and lean muscles. It also has ingredients with added vitamins & minerals especially antioxidants and fatty acids for healthy skin and coat. It has zero grains, no artificial and preservatives, and it is also scientifically made with advanced food safety protocols. This brand is a family-owned brand and it is made in the US with sustainable sources.
- Wild Caught Salmon and zero grains used
- Ideal for all life stages dogs
- Nutrient-rich and highly digestible with guaranteed probiotics
- Optimal amino acids for strong and lean muscles
- Added vitamins & minerals especially antioxidants and fatty acids
- Scientifically made in the US with advanced food safety protocols
1. Blue Buffalo Healthy Weight Large Breed Dog Food
Blue Buffalo dry dog foods feature real meat as main ingredients with high-quality protein from real chicken to help your dog build and maintain healthy muscles. This dog food contains whole grains, garden veggies, and fruit for that added nutrition and vitamins. It is specially made for large breed dogs. This special dry food comes with a special weight management formula to help you manage your dog’s weight at a healthy level. It contains reduced calories from fat, and nutrition to help with your dog skins and bones.
This dog food formula also contains glucosamine and chondroitin to help support joint health and daily movement. It specially includes BLUE’s exclusive LifeSource Bits, a patented precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals selected by vets and nutritionists, to support your dog’s immune system health, life stage requirements, and a healthy oxidative balance. This brand does not contain chicken by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors, or preservatives.
- High-quality chicken protein, with added whole grains, veggies, and fruit
- Ideal for large breed dogs
- Special weight management
- Support healthy skin, teeth, and bones
- glucosamine and chondroitin to help support joint health and movement
- Exclusive LifeSource bit
- No chicken by-product, corn, wheat, artificial flavors, or preservatives
So that was the reviews of the 8 dog food for joint health and their features to enhance your dog’s growth and their health to do their day to day activities. Keeping your dog healthy is the key to a happy dog and a happy owner, so you should carefully watch what your lovely pets are eating. Be aware of the ingredients and nutritions they are getting from the dog food, but also keep in mind about the age, size, and portion that are appropriate for them. Now that you know the qualities of good dog food, we believe you are ready to go and browse for the right one for them. Happy shopping!