With a global increase in the number of fake pesticides making their way to the American market; there is a continuous rise in health hazard among individuals, pets, and crops. The University of Florida estimates that between 260 and 350 million dollars get lost through counterfeit and illegal pesticide business. As a pet owner, how do you know you have the right flea spray? Well, below we have sampled eight Best Flea Sprays For Home that will solve a flea infestation.
8. SentryHome Flea and Tick Home and Carpet Spray
It contains a unique array of insecticide that kills flea eggs, larvae, and matured fleas. With a higher half-life, sentry protects your carpets, bedding, floor cracks, and upholstery for a further 210 days after the last spray.
- Kills ticks, fleas, and larvae
- Comes with a patented deodorizing agent that eliminates odor among places frequented by pets
- Regulates re-infestation for the next 210 days
7. Tropiclean Natural Flea & Tick Home Spray
Every pet owner is looking to have a natural, non-toxic way to get rid of fleas and ticks. Since 1992, Tropiclean has produced excellent products that have met market needs. Through creativity and research, Tropiclean has produced insecticides from natural ingredients such as sesame oil and lemongrass.
- Approved by 4 EPA
- Safe for use around pets
- Its combination of different natural ingredients guarantees a 99 percent kill rate among fleas, ticks, flea eggs and larvae
- Leaves a fresh smell after spraying
6. Bio Spot Active Care Flea & Tick Home Spray
Another option that works wonders is the Bio Spot Active Care Flea & Tick Home Spray. With active chemical ingredients, Bio spot works well in eliminating a host of pesticides. They include earwigs, fleas, ticks, larvae, bedbugs, cockroaches and silverfish. Bio spot ingredients have a higher half-life; hence can control re-infestation for more than seven months. Unlike other pesticides that are safe to use on pets, this spray is designed for use on garages and apartments.
- Though toxic, its ingredients are less sensitive to humans; hence not common in causing allergic reactions
- It has a high success rate among a flea outbreak
5. Adams flea and tick home spray
Unlike other pesticides that are active against a limited variety of pests, Adams flea and tick home spray has a combination of different chemical compounds that kill different types of pests such as Mosquito, bedbug, fleas, larvae, spiders, ants and many more. This spray comes with a new feature – Infest StopTM* which disrupts a flea’s growth cycle, thus ultimately killing it.
- Guarantees protection from fleas for over 210 days
- It comes with a convenient spray bottle that is easy to use
- Adams spray works efficiently when sprayed on fabrics
4. Vet Kem Home Spray
Compared to other products that work efficiently over a large number of insects, Vet Kem spray has a limited scope of insects such as cockroaches, ticks, silverfish, and earwigs. Additionally, the spray comes with a Precor insect growth regulator that disrupts the growth of fleas. Vet Kem is a water-based compound that leaves no residue once sprayed; hence ideal for fabrics.
- A 24 Oz spray can cover over 300 square feet
- Vet Kem spray also prevents re-infestation for the next 210 days after treatment
3. HARTZ UltraGuard Plus Flea & Tick Home Spray
HARTZ UltraGuard Plus Flea & Tick Home Spray takes the number three spot. This spray comes in two bottles; the 16 ounces bottle and the 22 ounces bottle. The spray has active ingredients that kill fleas, ticks, larvae, and pupae. Similar to other pesticides, it is not recommended for spraying pets and humans.
- Has a fresh scent, thus eliminating odor from pets
- Ideal for preventing re-infestation
2. Natural Care Flea and Tick Spray for Dogs and Cats
If you fancy having a natural pesticide, then this is the ideal choice for you. Natural care flea and tick spray for dogs and cats is one of the safest options in getting rid of a flea outbreak. Its natural components work efficiently in killing fleas, larvae, and ticks. Its mixture of peppermint and cloves also repels mosquitos.
- Works perfectly when sprayed on countertops, pillows, and upholstery
- It can be safely used among pets that are 12 years and older, specifically dogs and cats.
- Once sprayed it leaves no stains on pet beddings or countertops
1. Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Home Spray for Cats
Our Best Flea Sprays for Home goes to Vet’s best flea and tick home spray for cats. Using plant-based compounds; the spray gets rid of fleas, flea eggs, and ticks. The compounds also repel mosquitos. Vet’s flea spray gets its position as the best flea solution for its ability to work efficiently while remaining safe for cats above 12 years of age.
- Can be used in different places, e.g. carpets, upholstery, furniture and many more
- It doesn’t stain once sprayed